We have now been empowering, engaging and enriching lives of deaf people for one whole year. We are proud of what we have achieved. We have…
- funded subsidised Deaf Awareness and/or British Sign Language courses for 147 people
- worked in partnership with a wide range of organisations e.g. NHS, Positive People, Deaf CAMHS, Field Studies Council to name but a few!
- facilitated BSL month social groups throughout the pandemic
- provided information and guidance for deaf people and organisations to enable barriers to be broken down for deaf people to ensure inclusion and for diversity to be recognised
- been interviewed by Radio Somerset and Talking Café
- sourced funding from Somerset Skills & Learning, The National Lottery, Somerset Community Council and roundworks all of which we are very grateful for
Moving forward watch this space for our new website that we are soon launching!
We also welcome two new Directors:
- Elizabeth El-Abed
- Nicola Sweeting
All our directors have experience of hearing loss. 3 who are deaf themselves and 1 who has a family member that is deaf. You will be able to find out more when our new website is launched! Along side our directors we also have a strong membership which includes a wide range of individuals both deaf and hearing. Equally we all have a common goal; to promote inclusion and recognise diversity.